Will it ever be GOOD ENOUGH?

The human nature is very difficult to deal with. Contentment has been
one of those things that all of us struggle with. Well let’s just say, everyday seems to
 be either a step forward/backward.


When we don’t have a job, we complain about how miserable and frustrating it is to look for a job, when we finally get a job we complain about how much it takes away our free time; how much work we have, how mean our bosses are and how poorly paid we are. When we move to higher paying jobs, we still complain about how better other companies pay and treat their employees, when we start our own business we complain about how hard it is, how draining it is, how much of our energy it has taken.

A couple somewhere distressed about not having a child while another couple is distressed about having their first baby because they weren’t prepared.
If you are married it’s a problem, if you are single it is still a problem, if you are thin it’s a problem, if you add weight it is still a problem

Living in a bedsitter isn’t good enough, moving to a one bedroom house doesn’t seem to satisfy the desire, yet living in a huge mansion brings about thoughts of loneliness and sometimes the wishes to live in a smaller house.
Living with you parents and getting the privilege of not paying rent or fare transport causes lots of complains about how little freedom you have and about how much your peers are able to fend for themselves, yet again after moving out, complaints about how hard life is and “how I wish daddy and mummy were here” are all that we have.

It always feels like the grass is greener on the other side. Is there something we can do about the grass on this side?


Indeed there is a time and a season for everything but is it possible then for us to train our ‘humanness’ to be content with what we have at the time we have it?
I think it is possible to:


 I mean think about it at least you have one or all of the following: you have a roof over your head or food to eat or clothes to wear; you are in good health an education or you have a family and if not so you have amazing friends, if not so you have colleagues who got your back and a lot more that I may not have mentioned.
We all have something to smile about not because we do not have problems but because we can choose to be content

Contentment should not encourage laziness, or cause us to kill our dreams and ambitions.

This is the conclusion of the matter
But Godliness with contentment is great gain 1st Timothy 6:6
For the next verse I will post two version


I am telling you this but not because I need something. I have learned to be satisfied with what I have and with whatever happens. I know how to live through any kind of situation-when I have enough to eat or when I am hungry, when I have everything I need or when I have nothing. Christ is the one who gives me the strength I need to do whatever I must do. Philippians 4:11-13 ERV

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am therewith to be content.  I know both how to be abased and I know how to be abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer. I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13 KJV

Stay Content will you?



Comments

  1. Interesting piece Dorcas, indeed human wants are limitless: but we can learn like Paul to accept every situation how it comes. All things are possible through Christ who strengthens us.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fro reading through and leaving a comment. Indeed limitless is the word! We need to turn our eyes upon Jesus

      Delete
  2. Interesting piece Dorcas, indeed human wants are limitless: but we can learn like Paul to accept every situation how it comes. All things are possible through Christ who strengthens us.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. This is an amazing resolution. Thank you for reading

      Delete
  4. Yes Dorcas. We can never change yesterday and we never know tomorrow. The best thing is to appreciate today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we only have today, we know nothing about tomorrow, thank you for reading

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wounded Soldier!!!

Ever been at the wrong place at the wrong time?

The Mother-Daughter Affair